Tuesday, June 16, 2009

They forward your credit card data to a scammer

Scammers really makes me angry. OK, maybe scams are not a 'little thing', but they deserve to be mentioned once they really make me angry.

When I checked my credit card transactions history some days ago I noticed a strange US$12.00 (twelve dollars) debt related to some "Complete Savings" company.

While researching through the Web, I discovered that such amount was charged by this "Complete Savings" website. I remember to have subscribed myself to that site after having acquired something via Internet at some web store. At the end of the transaction you were ALLOWED to subscribe to such website in order to receive some small discount coupons. Since the "Customer Savings" stuff was linked directly to the 'reliable' web store so I thought it was OK to register my e-mail to receive some information about discounts and also to collect points somewhere to exchange for some discount coupons.

Until then, the site didn't mention any fees once it was related to some purchase at 'reliable' store. That is the catch. It IS NOT FREE!!! All the charge information is written in the almost-infinite-with-small-letters TOS (Term of Service).

The problem is that I DIDN'T PROVIDE my credit card number to "Complete Savings" website! This means that someone DID FORWARD those info to them.

There are many complaints regarding this issue at this site, and it seems that this scam cannot be controlled by the 'reliable' web sites once the page is generated automatically.

This really makes me angry...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home