Saturday, December 03, 2011

Desperately looking for quarters and carrying them...

Here in the U.S., most vending machines, parking meters and washing/drying machines for laundry demand the usage of quarters (25 cents of dollar coins).

The parking meters are everywhere. Sometimes they do accept dimes (10 cents) or nickels (5 cents). But, as far as I know, those parking meters are rare around here (nearby Boston).

And what happens when you are thirsty and there is no store open? Or if you are in the lab working after hours and you feel you deserve some snack? What can you do? Of course, you go for the vending machine. Therefore, quarters are the most important currency that you can carry with you since they can relieve your thirsty .

However, it is not easy to collect quarters. I use credit card most of the times and I usually have no cash with me. Then, sometimes I need to go to the supermarket to "buy" some quarters. They sell $10.00 rolls of quarters at Roche Bros., the supermarket near my home.

But it is really annoying to carry quarters (at least 4 or 5 coins) in my thin wallet (increasing its size in 10% or so). Sometimes, this is a little tiny thing that makes me angry...


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home